Thermal Engineering Technician
Austin, Texas, United States
We are looking for an Engineering Technician to join our Thermal Design Lab Team supporting all of Apple's products. We play a pivotal role in characterizing thermal architecture and validating the thermal performance of Apple’s hardware and software. Your responsibilities will include the meticulous collection of data and proficient disassembly, modification, and reassembly of Apple’s products to ensure optimal functionality. Additionally, you will be tasked with generating comprehensive test summaries and records of your experiments and findings. While collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will complete software-hardware test plans and help develop procedures to improve our data quality. Furthermore, as a thermal product design lab member, you will help upkeep the organization of the lab space and equipment, ensuring a streamlined and efficient work environment.
- Experience in conducting software testing specifically in macOS or iOS environments, understanding the nuances and intricacies of the platforms.
- Proficiency in basic thermal measurement methodologies, such as accurately placing thermocouples, acquiring precise temperature readings, and using infrared camera systems.
- Strong expertise in software testing methodologies, including test planning, test case development, and test execution.
- Experience with Python, Bash, or MATLAB.
- Solid understanding of electronic and mechanical systems, soldering, DC circuits, and electrical test equipment such as DMMs, PSUs, and electronic loads.
- Creative problem-solving skills to identify and resolve software and hardware-related issues efficiently and timely.
- Excellent attention to detail while analyzing and documenting test results, tracking issues, and providing comprehensive reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with teams across Apple and convey technical information in a clear and concise manner.
As a member of the Thermal Design Team, you’ll work on Apple’s hardware products and software, across our iOS, macOS, and tvOS platforms. You’ll collaborate closely with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams to design and carry out detailed test plans and report results. While the team's primary focus is on product testing, we are also tasked with providing technical setup and support for internal investigations, product demonstrations, and other technical challenges. You will need to be able to configure and resolve issues with hardware, software, and test equipment. You should be capable of changing pace without missing a beat. You’ll be just as comfortable building out a complex test plan or dissecting an automation script behind the scenes.
Education & Experience
- Associate or Bachelors's Degree in a Technical Field or equivalent - 5+ years of relevant experience shall be considered