Display Technolgy Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an energetic, creative and self driven engineer to work on future Display hardware/software technologies for Apple products. In this role, you will be the focal point of defining next-gen architecture for Apple products. The position allows you to work on wide range of of topics including prototyping, hardware & silicon definition, software & al- gorithm development, hands-on characterization, concept demo to executives.
- - Experiences in one or more of the following areas:
- - Display/Camera/Sensor hardware and module
- - ISP and/or display pipeline, digital signal and image processing
- - Computer graphics, 3D geometry
- - Software and algorithm development
- - Experiences in following area is a plus
- - Optics and eye tracking
- - Algorithm development
- - Machine learning
- - Strong theoretic analysis capability and characterization/modeling experience.
- - Good communication and leadership skills to work with internal and Vendor teams
- - Strong hands-on experimental ability w/ prototyping experience.
- Compare and scope display and optics technologies, analyze the trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost. - Define architecture for new display technologies with understanding of system require- ment, display & optical behavior, human perception. - Define detailed specs including the display panel, driving ASICs, software/firmware algo- rithms and test/calibration procedure. - Promote innovation and new technology to enhance Apple's display performance and user experience
Education & Experience
- Normally requires a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, or MSEE degree plus minimum 5 years work experience.