Senior Engineering Program Manager, Greater China - Apple Maps
Cupertino, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps empowers people to explore and navigate their world. We solve large-scale problems while delivering appealing, intuitive, and innovative experiences. We obsess over the details to bring the world’s complexity to life. As the most popular mapping application on iOS, we are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers across Apple’s entire ecosystem. We sit at the intersection of technology and the liberal arts, combining state-of-the-art software and hardware with human curation to create a product that celebrates the best of what Apple has to offer. If this challenge excites you, we want to hear from you! The Global Excellence Programs team builds the features our customers interact with globally. If you’ve ever searched for a restaurant in China, explored next vacation spots, received driving directions or visited any city in the world through the International map, you’ve seen our work. We’re looking for an extraordinary Program Manager to join our China Regional Excellence team.
- 8+ years of Program Management experience with consumer-facing products.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields.
- Ability to lead, take action and provide goal-oriented direction in the face of ambiguity and complex infrastructure challenges.
- Hands-on experience building and delivering Web and Internet services.
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin (written and spoken).
- Naturally curious; fast learner.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide succinct and accurate executive summaries of complicated situations.
- Experience working with external vendors a plus.
- Mapping or GIS, Search, or Navigation background a serious plus.
- International product development experience a serious plus.
Program Managers in our team build world class infrastructure that serves as the foundation for great customer experiences. It’s a technical, hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. A good PM is the beating heart of the team. As a Program Manager on our team, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio of work. You may work with public or hybrid cloud solutions, big data platforms, data center management, migrations to newer platforms, release management, evaluation, or security programs. More specifically, you will: Drive all aspects of the program: determine requirements, scope work, develop a plan, generate a schedule, craft a team, execute, and ship. Build partnerships across Maps and Apple to harness the collective skills and intelligence of our team. Make critical decisions and trade-offs to ensure your projects are successful. Communicate with every level of our organization, from individual contributors to executives. Plan, prioritize, coordinate, drive, and ship great products.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience.