Video Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Technology from the Audio & Media Technologies (AMT) team is at the heart of Apple’s products. AMT is looking for a Video Engineering Program Manager to help run software development work in this domain You’ll work directly with Software Engineers to deliver exciting new features to customers. Our team develops the technology that powers real-time audio and video communications features such as Group FaceTime, FaceTime, Screen Capture, Phone Continuity, HomeKit IP Cameras, Wifi-Calling / VoLTE, and RTT. Across all operating system platforms that Apple supports: iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS and visionOS.
- 5+ years of Project / Program Management in a high-tech environment
- Experience delivering customer-facing features or projects from concept through delivery
- Experience with real-time audio / video features (IPTV, VOD), or Telephony / VoIP / VoLTE
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Proven leadership on major, cross-functional software projects
- A track record of quickly understanding technical concepts in a wide range of fields
- Demonstrated ability to provide succinct, accurate executive summaries of complicated situations
The AMT team provides the media, graphics, and audio software foundation across iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Vision Pro to Apple TV, iTunes, HomePod, and Beats. We routinely ship innovative features for users and developers. As an EPM in this area, you’ll own, or participate in: - Crafting and maintaining project implementation plans for the Media Conferencing team’s commitments using Agile, Scrum or Waterfall methodology - Maintaining a multi-year roadmap of feature commitments - Ensuring strong communication channels between the media teams and other engineering partners - Driving cross-functional software implementation for supported teams and features - Tracking and reporting on progress, risks, and opportunities related to the project or technology area
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)
- Work experience in software development (writing applications or APIs) especially in consumer media platforms (mobile & media players) is a strong plus.
- Technical proficiency in audio, video, and graphics is a plus (content protection / DRM, streaming media concepts like HLS / MPEG-DASH, CODECs / compression and distribution of video content)