Senior Software Engineer, Backend
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The documentation engineering team is responsible for creating world-class developer tools and framework-level support for the documentation workflows in Xcode, Swift Playgrounds, and the developer website. We're looking for a software engineer to join the backend team and continue to scale and improve our existing technology, while also innovating on new products, infrastructure and tooling. The ideal candidate is experienced in backend technologies, databases, API design and architecting of reliable systems. As a member of the team, you will work alongside a small but impactful team, enable cross functional collaboration with other departments at Apple, mentor other engineers, and contribute to architecture discussions, code review and proposals.
- Experience shipping high quality, performant and reliable products and features.
- Experience with: Ruby, Rails, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies. We believe great engineers are capable of learning new technologies, but experience in the above will be beneficial.
- Familiarity with Apple technologies such as Xcode and Swift, as well as front-end technologies like Vue.js and Node are a plus.
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery.
- Ability to discuss technical tradeoffs across the stack, including: system architecture, database design, API design and infrastructure.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self and team.
This will be your opportunity to join a highly motivated team of talented engineers who value collaboration and building highly reliable backend systems. Our team is diverse, dynamic and passionate about the products we build. Your responsibilities include: - Model great software engineering practices, by producing well tested, performant and reliable code to the multiple systems that we maintain. - Engage in code review, pair programming and architecture discussions with other members of the team. - Work cross functionally with other teams at Apple, to ensure our tools and systems integrate seamlessly. - Write detailed architecture and design proposals. - Constantly seek areas of improvement.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics (or equivalent experience)