Media Revenue and Subscriptions - Data Scientist Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Services at Apple help hundreds of millions of customers get the most out of the devices they love through amazing apps, award-winning shows and movies, immersive music in spatial audio, world-class workouts and meditations, super fun games and more. The Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics organization is passionate about developing discerning insights and machine learning solutions to help continually improve these services and accelerate growth while maintaining a strong dedication to customer privacy. We are currently seeking an experienced and influential Media Revenue and Subscriptions Data Science Manager to grow Apple’s Video and Audio subscription businesses such as Apple TV, Sports, Music, Podcasts, and Beats by Dre. This position will will lead a team of data scientists to establish top-line health metrics, identify key growth drivers, and recommend business optimizations through scalable, responsive, and interpretable research and analyses. As a key member of our diverse and dynamic organization, you'll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to work with datasets of unique magnitude, richness, and dedication to customer privacy that will frequently require innovative approaches. You'll work collaboratively with partners across Business, Marketing, Product and Engineering daily to deliver material customer and business value. The position is based in Cupertino.
- 4+ years of experience in managing data science, analytics, or data operations teams - preferably in the digital streaming, video, audio, entertainment, or subscription business
- 4+ years of experience in data science with proven skills in developing meaningful and concise analytic objectives from general business goals
- Tested capabilities and comfort in scalable schema designs, relational database and big data technologies, ETL, code management, and query performance optimization
- Mastery in SQL-based languages, and proficiency in at least one large-scale data languages such as Scala or PySpark
- Strong hands-on experience interpretable with machine learning models and sophisticated analytic solutions using scripting tools such as Python or R
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail with the ability to collaborate effectively between business and analytic teams at multiple levels of the organization
- Establish a center of excellence for the Media Revenue and Subscriptions Data Science team by uncovering business-actionable insights in collaboration across Apple TV, Sports, Music, Podcasts, and Beats by Dre. - Oversee large complex projects from conception to completion, develop roadmaps and requirements, identify risks and develop contingency plans, evaluate impact, and regularly communicate status to executives. - Establish, enhance, and socialize top line and operational metrics that accurately represent the business state of health. - Lead proactive analyses that identify key drivers of business health metrics, and make recommendations that optimize overall business performance. - Develop reporting measures to expand the portfolio of self-service dashboards and reports to inform, enable, and empower media business stakeholders - Draft schema and instrumentation requirements to enrich core datasets for new business features and media-related product launches - Measure the impact of growth initiatives for the Apple media subscription business by maximizing user acquisition, conversion, and retention though improved user experience, marketing offers, and business development partnerships - Identify key factors that lead to VOD and EST transactions including user demographics, historical behavior, viewing devices, and content consumption. - Build a holistic view of consumer behaviors across the Apple TV platform, and identify synergies that drive a more positive customer experience and engagement - Expand the recently-launched Podcasts subscriptions platform by identifying successful monetization initiatives that grow both content creators and consumers - Establish top line metrics for the Beats consumer products business including understanding and leveraging relationships among sales, price, distribution, and media marketing - Develop, recruit, and train a diverse team of high-performing data scientists with subject matter expertise across the media businesses
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Masters degree in a related field a plus.