Program Manager, Maps
Cupertino, California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps empowers people to explore and navigate their world. We solve large-scale problems while delivering appealing, intuitive, and innovative experiences. We obsess over the details to bring the world’s complexity to life. As the most popular mapping application on iOS, we are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers across Apple’s entire ecosystem. We sit at the intersection of technology and the liberal arts, combining state-of-the-art software and hardware with human curation to create a product that celebrates the best of what Apple has to offer. If this challenge excites you, we want to hear from you! The Program team delivers Maps features to hundreds of millions of users across multiple device types. Some of the challenges we face include: How to process and evaluate massive data sets? How to manage the delivery of the most visually pleasing products? How to orchestrate the most complex releases? We focus on building the best possible map to provide the most engaging and rewarding user experience possible. We are seeking an extraordinarily talented Program Manger to help us achieve that goal.
- 8+ years in software project/program/product management.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields.
- Ability to lead, take action and provide goal-oriented direction in the face of ambiguity and complex challenges.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide succinct and accurate executive summaries of complicated situations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to persuade and influence a diverse set of partners.
- Highly developed drive to improve how things work, with a proven track record of driving dramatic improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness.
- Experience with map-based or location-based services a huge plus.
Program Managers in our team build world class data that serves as the foundation for great customer experiences. They are engaged with all aspects of the program from requirements analysis through product definition, design, engineering, QA, deployment, and aftercare. It’s a cross-functional, highly-engaged job. A good PM is the beating heart of the team. As a Program Manager on our team, you will be responsible for a broad portfolio of work. More specifically, you will: Drive all aspects of the program: determine requirements, scope work, develop a plan, generate a schedule, craft a team, execute, and ship. Build partnerships across Maps and Apple to harness the collective skills and intelligence of our team. Make critical decisions and trade-offs to ensure your projects are successful. Communicate with every level of our organization, from individual contributors to executives. Plan, prioritize, coordinate, drive, and ship great products.
Education & Experience
- 8+ years in software project/program/product management
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- Experience with map-based or location-based services a huge plus