Product Quality Manager (PQM) – Color– Accessories, Home and Beats
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. At Apple, a Product Quality Manager – Color has responsibility for Accessories quality and works across multiple products, suppliers, management levels, and functions to define product color appearance specifications and manufacturing quality control methods. In this highly visible and highly hands-on role, you will enjoy key decision-making responsibilities combined with on-site problem solving that comes with owning the quality for some of the most visible products in the world today. You will be responsible for developing and implementing quality tools, systems and instrumentation for groundbreaking product designs for cosmetically-demanding applications.
- Subject Matter Expert for all things related to visual color and texture comparison and assessment
- 5+ years of experience in developing quality plans or experience with color appearance, gloss, texture and GD&T metrology preferred
- Knowledge of quality concepts, supplier management, and manufacturing operations including; Quality Plans, FMEA, auditing, corrective and preventative actions, sampling methodologies, and process capability
- Proven understanding of problem-solving tools including root cause analysis and statistical process control principles
- Understanding of project management concepts. Direct PM experience a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to execute limit sample analysis in manufacturing settings
- Experience with any of the following: optical coatings, plating, anodizing, resin compounding, pigmentation, textiles, dyeing or color formulation.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
We enable the mass production of incredible products and work in tandem with Apple's renowned designers to develop measurement technologies, quality control strategies, information systems, and manufacturing methods that achieve ambitious specifications at massive production scale. - Apply deep understanding of color science or quality control and manufacturing concepts to lead the development of specific color Quality Control Plans (QCP) appropriate to the program or commodity Evaluate and clearly communicate yields of key processes. - Drive corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members - Qualify and implement groundbreaking quality inspection tools; including visual and instrumental tools/processes. - Develop and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring methods where appropriate. - Establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure adherence to Apple quality standards. - Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectations, and work with suppliers to correct. - Review quality plans at supplier sites and internally with Apple groups to ensure expectations are understood at all levels - Evaluate supplier readiness and alignment to quality plans at all development and qualification stages. - Monitor each supplier's performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. - Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate broader team and management. - 25-30% international travel required
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Engineering or Color Science required. Project management experience is a positive. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.