Cupertino, California, United States
The Apple Beats team is seeking a firmware engineer with firm footing with engineering principles and passion for new technologies; a passionate individual with the skills to research and develop new and innovative solutions for the next Apple audio products. Apply today!
- Genuine passion for innovation and embedded development.
- 8+ years of firmware and device driver development.
- Strong, demonstrable coding skills in C and C++.
- Experience in software feature design and development, rapid prototyping, hardware bring-up and reading schematics
- Experience with standard bus interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, USB).
- Experience with Real Time OS (OpenRTOS, FreeRTOS, Zephyr, etc).
- Familiarity with BT and BLE technology/protocols is a plus.
- Familiarity with compilers and toolchains targeting ARM Cortex-M/R/A, etc.
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and multi-meters
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with multiple multi-functional groups with minimal supervision.
The Firmware Engineer will be part of a team that architect, design, develop, and maintain hardware and software systems for audio products. This engineer will also perform characterization, test and validation of each design; analyze results and create reports/presentations when needed. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual ready to innovate. Experience in a quick paced rapid development group is highly desired. The availability of traveling both nationally and overseas is a requirement.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE/CE or equivalent