Beats - Software/Firmware Engineering Program Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States
Apple is seeking a world-class Program Manager to join the Software/Firmware team that delivers Beats audio products and accessories. In this dynamic position, you will develop, manage, and drive the end-to-end execution of hardware and embedded firmware development programs throughout the product development lifecycle and delivery stages. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Strong communication and experience across and between a diversity of teams and team members is critical. The candidate will interact with all engineering design disciplines along with safety, reliability, marketing, manufacturing, and other resources inside and outside Apple to create exceptional headphones, earphones and accessories.
- 5-10 years of high-tech industry experience with track record of hands-on software development
- 5 years program management experience in consumer product development
- Track record of managing products through the entire product development life cycle
- History of handling business relationships with suppliers and partners
- Experience working with off shore manufacturers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate effectively at all levels of management
- Knowledgeable of one or more technologies: wireless, DSP, battery, connectivity, UI/UX, and embedded software
The Beats group is seeking a Senior Engineering Program Manager with a proven track record of enabling large cross-functional teams to deliver complex features and products. The ideal candidate will possess an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and have exceptional leadership skills built on a rock solid foundation of planning and risk management. Projects that you would help to move forward include internally developed and co-developed audio products and accessories. Major responsibilities: Lead feature definition, implementation and testing while engaging with SW Engineering, embedded firmware, hardware, and testing teams Develop and manage detailed project schedules Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and turn them into actionable plans for teams and leadership Coordinate with teams to identify issues, prioritize tasks and track risks to schedule and product quality Communicate development achievements, project timelines and status updates to stakeholders and provide regular program status updates to executive team Manage and foster external partner relationships and communication Drive factory readiness in support of hardware builds
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines. M.S. is highly desired.