Carrier Manager, Egypt (Dubai based)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sales and Business Development
The Telecom Carrier Manager will be responsible for shaping and executing the strategy and driving the business with all the leading telco operators in Egypt. This role will play a critical role that is focused on crafting and driving our strategic relationship with the partners, will consult and influence the executive team within the carriers’ organisations to grow Apple’s business across all lines including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and Accessories – all contributing to driving the partners’ business forward. Reporting to the Head of RoME Region, the role will have full management of influencing and driving objectives through key relationships. Strong leadership, mentoring and extraordinary presentation skills are needed to succeed in this role.
- Extensive telecom experience of which at least 5 years from within the Middle East.
- Successful track record of growing a carrier relationship in a similar role as a National or Global Account Manager at a OEM manufacturer
- Multiple retail channel management experience, including channel development skills, and the ability to interact at senior levels.
- This individual should have the “will to win” and the energy and drive to embrace this significant challenge. This should include an excellent reputation and extensive contacts within the wireless environment.
- The ideal candidate must be an astute business person who has the intellectual capability to explore new opportunities in the market. Additionally, the individual must feel comfortable in dealing with ambiguity.
- This individual must be a good presenter at all levels, and who can negotiate successfully with key accounts. He/ she must have a team-oriented approach to driving business and ideally be familiar with working for an international company in a matrix type environment.
- Department: RoME team
- Reporting to: Head of RoME Region
- Travel: +50% of time
Ownership of the full relationship with Egypt carriers; To deliver budgeted / targeted sales in carrier channels. To ensure that the relationship is fully aligned with the terms and conditions of the agreed carrier framework. All aspects of the accounts forecasting requirements to deliver optimal supply and inventory levels. To deliver integrated account plans in line with the EMEA business plan. When instructed, to ensure the best launch possible in line with worldwide and EMEA plans and guidelines. To play a key role as the main point of contact for all negotiations between Apple and the selected carrier partners. To assist worldwide partner marketing team in deploying local marketing and merchandising initiatives via the carrier partners along the provided guidelines. Work with the local Sales Planning & Support team on local implementation of training initiatives. Liaise with the local channel programs team on retail program implementation, if applicable. Feedback to EMEA team on competitor behaviour and price plan positioning.
Education & Experience
Ideally educated to degree level (BA/BS) or MBA. Fluency in spoken and written English are essential. Arabic is definitely a plus.