Senior Manager Government Affairs MEA
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. In this role you will work closely with and report to the Head of Government Affairs META to support government and institutional engagement in MEA. The role necessitates a deep understanding of the regulatory and policy environment that impacts Apple. The role will support Expansion projects in priority countries and take the lead on key policy issues, representing Apple’s position with policymakers, influencers and trade associations. It will establish relationships and liaise with internal partners to build knowledge, advocacy strategies and achieve results.
- You will have the following attributes:
- - Do you have extensive professional experience in Government Affairs & Public Policy Advocacy preferably with leading technology / telecom companies in MEA?
- - Ideally you will have strong experience dealing with Government and key national and multinational institutions, industry and trade associations in Egypt, Nigeria, Kenya, Morocco, South Africa.
- - Do you have experience in driving expansion projects in the above mentioned countries.
- - Deep knowledge of political landscape, and policy building in MEA in general with specific knowledge of the above mentioned countries.
- - Specific experience in building strategic initiatives with government.
- - Specific experience in driving substantial regulatory change to improve operations.
- - Validated experience in leading complex government affairs projects successfully
- - Fluency in English and Arabic
- - Ability to navigate complex-matrix environments.
- - Ability to navigate through diverse cultural environments.
- - Ability to take care of multiple partners to tackle complex issues internally and externally.
- - Ability to develop trust based relations internally and externally.
- Support Expansion initiatives in priority countries. - Identify policy developments in MEA and assess their impact on Apple - Map and prioritize government partners by issues, strategic projects and lines of business. - Build/enhance Apple’s relationships with key government partners. - Collaborate with GA team and cross-functional colleagues to develop Apple’s positions and strategies regarding key policy issues. - Manage Apple’s government engagement and implement engagement strategies. - Represent Apple’s position with government and policy makers to maximize regulatory opportunities and eliminate/minimize threats - Network internally to disseminate information, as well as gather expert input. - Advise internal partners on political and cultural landscape and provide solutions. - Provide thought leadership on key issues and build/advise on advocacy campaigns. - Participate in trade associations to represent Apple’s views and interests.
Education & Experience
- BA (preferably Masters) Degree in Engineering, Political Science, Policy or Economics.