Regional Account Executive, North Africa (Dubai based)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. You will be responsible for implementing and managing the recommended go-to-market strategy North Africa. They will be responsible for driving agreed forecasted and budgeted sales volumes through local selected Retail and Telco partners and/or Authorized distributors and channel affiliates. You will also be responsible for driving available trading, retail program marketing and other relevant data to deliver the agreed sales objective. They will also be responsible for delivering an agreed level of Apple branding and awareness through selected channel partners.
- The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of growing a retailer, carrier and/or authorised distributor relationship in a similar role as a Key Account Manager at a mobile handset or consumer electronics manufacturer. The candidate will have excellent channel management experience, including channel development skills, and have the ability to interact at senior to operational levels across all selected channel partners.
- Familiar with the African retail, telecom and distributor landscape, modus operandi and classic food chain / price waterfall modelling.
- In addition, this individual should have the “will to win” and the energy and drive to embrace this significant challenge. This should include an excellent reputation and extensive contacts within the region. You are an astute business person who has the intellectual capability to explore new consumer and commercial opportunities in the market.
- You are a good presenter at all levels, and who can negotiate successfully with key accounts. You have a team oriented approach to driving business and ideally be familiar with working for an international company in a matrix type environment.
- Key Competencies
- Achieving results. You will ensure that the volume targets are achieved.
- Setting own agenda. The Regional Account Executive must have a clear agenda for the role and must be capable of working under their own initiative in developing and implementing the required go-to-market strategy, follow-up with a business plan by account.
- Persuasive communication. Strong ability to influence and convince others internally and externally of the ideal go-to-market strategy and needs and demands of the selected business partners.
- Influencing and negotiation. Well-developed informal and formal communication and negotiation skills
- Creativity. The need for flexibility and creativity in proposing new and different ideas to existing solutions.
•Evaluating and prioritising the business potential when bringing on-board new countries and channel partners in the North Africa A region. Recommendation on the best go-to-market strategy and implementation in order to maximise the sales opportunities for Apple. •Support in the commercial and legal negotiations when on-boarding new authorised channel partners. •Ownership of all day-to-day trading relationships with selected carrier partners and/or authorised distributors. To deliver budgeted / targeted sales in authorised consumer and commercial channels. •All aspects of the account forecasting requirements to deliver account budgets and objectives in line with overall objectives •Management of sales operational activities including monitoring of payment performance, sell-through reporting and ideal stock levels in coordination with the various local/regional Business Support functions. •To manage the contractual partnership terms via the agreed process. •To deliver an integrated quarterly and yearly account plan, retail programme objectives and new product launch strategy. •To deliver a continual programme of best practice for the Apple brand in all authorised channels, which ensure that all product lines have maximum exposure and deliverance against agreed channel programme branding and excellence. •Handling channel account business relationships at CxO and Operational level. •Conduct regular Business Reviews with authorised Retail and Telecom accounts. •Feedback on competitor behaviour and activities, product launches and price plan positioning across the East & Central Africa region continent. •Work with the wider MEA team on local implementation of training initiatives and merchandising solutions. •Follow-up on larger commercial/corporate and educational sales leads and liaise these leads with either local African carriers or authorised distributors. •Evaluate the business potential for new APR’s in the North Africa region. Key accountabilities: •Implementation of a successful go-to-market strategy for the North Africa region •Sales volume targets by product through the authorised channel partners •Sales and Marketing Investment and Marketing Development Fund budgets – to deliver against agreed budgets in conjunction with finance and Retail Programme Manager. •Product forecast accuracy for each key product in the Telecom portfolio. •Networking through all layers of the selected channel accounts. •Brand delivery and exposure in all nominated accounts.
Education & Experience
Degree level educated with Fluency in English and French.
- Role to be initially based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Regular travel required across the African continent.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.