Service Channel Manager
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Support and Service
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves into putting Customer first, this could be your dream job. The role of the Service Channel Manager is to develop and manage a network of Service Partners performing after sales support and repairs to our customers. The role is also responsible for ensuring that the Channel customer experience is consistent with Apple's brand and with the expected high level of excellence in everything we do. The position is an Individual Contributor, based in our Dubai office. The geographic scope of this role is primarily Middle East countries. However, there is frequent remote interactions with other Apple teams based across EMEA and USA, so the candidate must be comfortable with eventual odd working hours and days (ie. eventually taking calls at night or weekends).
- We are looking for an internationally seasoned and self-motivated individual, with strong analytical and communication skills, hands on approach to problem solving, drive for results, and ability to adapt to a very dynamic, fast paced business without losing focus on the priorities.
- Experience in a hands-on Operations role (ie. Customer Care Ops, Repair Operations, Channel Management) or similar experience in a Commercial role (Vendor Management, Account Management, Business Interface) from a large scale, Multinational environment.
- Preferably from a major global High Tech, Supply Chain or Consulting company.
- Outstanding level of self-discipline, attention to details, personal integrity and transparency.
- Very comfortable speaking and presenting with clarity and confidence to a broad spectrum of stakeholders, often in mid-large audiences: from third party technicians and service managers, to internal Apple peers and Sr. Management (including to VP-level).
- Someone who is able to shift gears frequently, without notice, in order to address different topics to different audiences, always with fact-based, precise information.
- Outstanding collaboration skills. Able to build a healthy professional network, work and perform in a matrix environment. The best candidate is a natural when it comes to influencing without authority.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving ability. Someone who not only identifies issues, but comes up with solutions.
- Able to step back, look at different and complex data points, understand trends, draw conclusions, break down complex problems into small workable actions and lead actions thru implementation.
- Broad International / Multicultural experience (ie. has lived / worked in different countries). Enjoys working in a culturally diverse environment and has a highly developed cultural awareness.
- Proven ability to manage basic financial aspects of After Sales Services. Able to create business cases and ROI calculations to support proposals. Manages Warranty Costs to an optimal level. Understands how Services Revenue plays a major role into creating an outstanding Customer Experience.
- Ability to travel internationally approx. 25% of the time. Mostly across Middle East&Africa, but occasionally outside of the region for internal meetings.
The role works closely with Sales, Support, Business Development, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Logistics, and externally with Distributors, Telco partners, and third-party Service Providers. The job entails dealing with technical aspects of repair operations / supply chain management, as well as with the commercial aspects of vendor management (contract negotiation, vendor development, field visits, performance management, Quarterly Business Reviews, etc.) This person will also be responsible for leading the execution of projects locally, for example, deploying new capabilities and processes across the Service Channel.
Education & Experience
- University Degree (BA / BS). - MBA or similar Post Grad education is desirable. - Fluent English (written and spoken) is mandatory. Arabic and French would be considered a plus.