Manufacturing Process Engineer, Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5+ years of hands-on industrial experience in the design and development of high volume manufacturing processes and equipment
- Process and equipment knowledge in consumer electronics industry (display, semiconductor processing, LED manufacturing, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute DOEs, failure analysis and root cause investigations,
- Experience scaling new technologies and products from prototype to mass production
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques such as SEM, EDX, FTIR
- Experience with the development and evaluation of measurement systems
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills, including executive level presentation skills and ability to drive multi-functional teams and external vendors
- Up to 25% international travel is required
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will own the development and engineering of process technology, manufacturing equipment to enable new features in Apple displays Responsibilities Include: Partnering with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production Review supplier’s design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, and DOE proposals. Plan validation exercises to demonstrate initial and mass production feasibility. Perform risk assessment, identify mitigations and corrective actions to ensure design compliance and pre-defined specifications Work with internal and external groups to ensure that proper definition of quality expectations and that appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product Assess supplier’s production readiness to support build events and production ramp Leading roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the processes and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, throughput, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other similar fields
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.