Music Business Partnerships
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Can you imagine what you could do here? We have an extraordinary opportunity for Music Business Partnerships with the Apple Music Team. Do you love music? Are you passionate about future of digital music services? Do you have in-depth experience in the music industry? If so, we invite you to join us and help us leave the world better than we found it! We are seeking a hardworking, experienced and innovation-focused team member to further expand our Music business in Japan. You should demonstrate excellent skills leading sophisticated partnerships, with an eye for detail, resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and lots of positive attitude!
- Minimum 10 years of relevant, proven experience in partnership management, business development, business/strategy consulting, ideally with 3+ years of experience in online/digital media businesses.
- Proficient in handling relationships with C-level executives.
- Strategic, in-depth understanding and insights on key trends in the music industry and emerging technologies (digital music, mobile app, digital TV, social marketing etc.).
- Proven records on business development with data driven analytical approaches.
- Outstanding knowledge of the local music and media markets with a passion for discovering new music & artists across a variety of genres locally and internationally.
- Experience of working at Live performance, TV or Radio production, is a plus.
- Outstanding track record of driving projects, from conceptualization to execution, handling internal and external partners to achieve goals.
- Pro-active; with the passion to strive to go above and beyond what is required of the role. Possess the ability to prioritise well, and solve challenges.
- Innovative; continuously seek to improve and re-define the approach needed to grow our business, while still delivering perfectly on all the priority projects.
- Accountable; have an ability to handle ongoing dialogues with various labels and artist managers as well as multiple deadlines in an ultra-fast paced environment.
- Result oriented, self starter, upbeat and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both English and Japanese, including presentation, and can effectively work in diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Deep passion for the Apple’s products and services will make you a valued member of the team.
- Act as a key driver in defining and executing growth strategy for Apple Music. - Foster the relationship, including communication with C-level executives, to plan and execute strategic projects, and to help our partners success by delivering outstanding customer experience. - Build and foster partnerships that includes senior executives of the Music Label, Artist Management, Music Industry Associations (RIAJ, FMPJ, JAME or equivalent), as well as other business partners such as telecommunication companies, retailers. - Lead growth of the overall business by securing comprehensive and innovative campaigns around key releases and catalogue additions. - Internally, work as part of an international, cross-functional group including Music Marketing, PR, Content Production and other contents teams to ensure the continued development and success of the world’s best ecosystem. - Support and influence the editorial team with strategic insights, taking into account of the chart activity, PR coverage, broadcast/release dates etc. And deliver iconic and impactful campaigns. - In addition, work cross-functionally with Apple Marcom, legal and finance teams. - Be a passionate advocate for Apple.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in business or related filed. MBA or equivalent degree is plus.