Platform Publisher, Media Services – Dubai and EMEA Markets (Maternity Leave)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Software and Services
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, iTunes, Apple Books, Apple Pay and iCloud. We're looking for a detail-oriented and motivated Platform Publisher to publish digital content across our platforms, work with our local Dubai and regional cross-media services teams and perform quality assurance for content and promotions across iTunes Store, Apple Music, App Store, AppleTV, Podcasts and Books.
- Your experience should include:
- knowledge of web-based Content Management Systems
- understanding of bug tracking/ticketing systems
- exhibit a strong attention to detail and enjoy developing operational efficiencies
- working directly with Editorial and Creative teams
- working directly with Engineering teams
- the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain complex technical concepts in layman's terms.
- being comfortable setting and enforcing deadlines, and managing workflows
- exhibit confidence in calling out issues and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules
- a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, Apple TV, etc.)
- a knowledge of HTML/CSS/Perl/PHP/Python is a plus
- proficiency in pop culture, media, and are passionate about entertainment.
The Platform Publisher works closely with Editorial, Creative, Localisation and Production teams to manage, assemble, QA, and publish digital content assets across desktop, AppleTV, and mobile devices. An expert across our back-end content management systems (CMS) as well as our front-end client featuring apparatus, a Platform Publisher collaborates with local editorial to advise on what's possible, test new approaches, and guide teams to successful solutions. With a unique view into many concurrent projects, an effective Publisher is able to provide a service akin to an air traffic controller, deploying current updates while simultaneously queuing up future initiatives. Thorough and robust Staging/QA efforts ensure our campaigns are timely and error-free and preserve a high-quality customer experience. Increasing organizational efficiency, and maintaining featuring accuracy, a Platform Publisher fills a key role in safeguarding the integrity of the Apple Media Products ecosystem.
Education & Experience
Degree or similar and related work experience
- Proficiency in English and an additional language preferred
- This role is based in Dubai.