Cloud FinOps Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Cloud Technologies team is a new fast growing team to integrate public clouds with Apple infrastructure, build out cloud core platform services, crafts cloud managed services and enables app teams to modernize and transform. You will drive and establish cloud cost management processes and tooling by improving our path on cloud financial controls and optimization, while helping to drive a culture of accountability regarding efficient cloud usage/spend. The ideal candidate is someone who is very familiar with cost management processes in the cloud.
- At least worked 4 years with public cloud providers like AWS, GCP, AliCloud and understands cloud costs and billing
- Established and driven cloud cost management processes in a larger organization
- Collaborates well with Engineering, Applications and finance teams
- Established concepts cost and cloud usage ownership
- Experienced with cloud budget management process, cloud cost analytics and cloud cost optimization
- Experience in process engineering to establish new processes and improve existing processes with a metrics driven approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Naturally accountable and responsible: Self-starter, self-motivated, well-adapted, and self-sufficient
- Pro-active in approach, focus on innovation and ability to learn new technologies
You will aim to establish and improve processes and tooling together with our cloud engineering team. You will collaborate with Engineering, Finance and App teams. This includes establishing processes for budget planning and management, cost reporting / visibility, cost accountability and ownership, cost optimization. This is a new growing area with large opportunities and impacts to the organization.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field Cloud certification is a plus