RF IC Design Engineer (m/f/d)
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our team in Linz designing integrated cellular RF transceivers in state-of-the-art RF CMOS technologies.
- The ideal candidate will have several years of RF/analog and mixed-signal design experience with extensive knowledge of deep sub-micron CMOS
- Deep understanding of RF building blocks such as LNAs, mixers, VCOs, DCOs, PAs, etc.
- Experience in design and productization of RF transceivers in RF CMOS technology
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards, carrier specifications and the ability to translate system requirements into circuit requirements in collaboration with system engineers
- Understanding of RF transceiver architectures and trade-offs
- Knowledge of verification methodologies such as SystemVerilog, AMS, Nanotime
- Experience in silicon characterization and debug
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience
- Experience in working with international teams
Design RFIC blocks and integrated circuits for wireless standards Develop novel RFIC architectures Bring designs from concept all the way to high volume production Work with verification teams to model top-level radio performance Work with packaging experts to simulate RF de-sense and coupling mechanisms Bring-up and characterization of RF building blocks Perform design reviews with other Apple wireless teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group G-K (https://www.feei.at/leistungen/informations-service/mindestlohne-und-gehalter-2019). A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills.