Senior Financial Analyst - Demand Forecast & Analysis (12 Months Contract)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Partnering with the ANZ sales and commercial finance teams to deliver Unit forecast for hero products and forecasting demand for non-hero products. The role is part of the World Wide Sales Finance team and is closely aligned to global reporting processes, which are owned and managed locally.
- Clarity of thinking. Ability to see beyond daily demands to emerging trends and market opportunities.
- Inquisitive in pursuit of excellence. Continually ask why and not accepting things at face value.
- Challenge and perspective. Consider others perspectives whilst retaining the ability to challenge effectively.
- Flexibility of approach. Recognition that the best solution isn’t always the easiest or most direct.
- Business Partnering. Effective relationships and communication to build trust in a sales environment.
- Passion for owning the detail whilst getting the big ideas right.
Preparation and submission of the URM forecast for hero products including contractual and discretionary sales adjustments and review of average selling prices. Provide meaningful commentary for senior management and WW Sales Finance to account for QoQ and YoY sales adjustment variations. Identify and communicate emerging risks and opportunities to senior management. The role is essential in driving accountability and delivery of financial planning assumptions with the sales teams. Participate in the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process performing in depth analysis as required to provide insight into the operational drivers of revenue and margin. Provide input to the quarterly stake forecast process. Undertake review and analysis of revenue and margin projections to allow management time to make judgments on the forecast position. Actively participate and contribute to the annual planning process. Contribute to a collaborative and performance based team environment. Actively contribute to WW Sales Finance projects as required. Collaborate with Route to Market and iPhone Finance teams to prepare quarter end accruals and submit quarterly sales adjustment actuals to WW Sales Finance Lead the weekly, quarterly and annual indirect channel unit sales and inventory forecasts for non-hero products in ANZ, building a detailed understanding of local markets, Apple sales strategies and competitor activity in order to determine customer demand. The role works closely with local sales and operations teams to unlock commercial opportunities, execute new product introductions, and mitigate emerging risks. As a trusted business partner your input will be vital to optimizing outcomes for the company. The role is highly visible and provides excellent exposure to local and global sales and finance leadership. This visibility provides the opportunity to develop a global network of relationships and build a deep understanding of Apple’s business.
Education & Experience
Finance or Business related degree. 8 years management accounting or financial analysis experience.
- The role requires a hands on approach to anticipate and react quickly to frequently changing business conditions. An ability to demonstrate sound judgment and a pragmatic approach under tight deadlines is essential as is a desire to be part of a successful, dynamic team.