Education Market Development Manager, Australia & New Zealand
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual to help our local team develop the education market in Australia and New Zealand. You will be able to demonstrate education market development experience and skills working on a highly cross-functional team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for all interactions, inside and outside of Apple are required. You will work with the worldwide education marketing team to ensure a consistent and global voice around Apple’s products and initiatives in teaching and learning. And you will partner very closely with the other members of the Education Marketing team in Australia and New Zealand. You will be a motivated self-starter that loves working as part of a team. You will have a track record in the education market with strategy development, business development, or product / program development. And experience in measuring and communicating learning impact and success. The successful candidate will also have strong attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, and the ability to focus on strategic agendas while managing day-to-day job activities.
- Preferably 10+ years of work history in education markets with an acceptable range of experience that includes relationship management, business or market development, or more broadly marketing. Preferably a significant percentage of work history in technology transformation in education institutions.
- Experience with the education industry, requirements of local curriculum standards, and creative learning, including coding, are critical to success in this position.
- Proven ability to proactively establish rapport, credibility and influence, and drive results throughout an organisation at all levels, across many departments (marketing, sales, product marketing, legal, PR and others) in a highly matrix organization. Analytical and disciplined in their approach to business and measuring impact and success.
- Must have superb written and verbal skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Project management experience is essential.
- This person must be resourceful, creative and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude who has proven experience working in flexible, fast-paced environments.
- The successful candidate will be an articulate communicator, someone who inspires others, have creative thinking and approach, an extraordinary eye for detail, and the ability to work on a number of projects at the one time while delivering on time, on brand, and on budget.
- You are adaptable, thrive on making the complex simple and deal with ambiguity with a smile.
- Local region experience within Australia and New Zealand is preferred.
This role is required to build collaborative relationships with organisations that are related to professional learning, teaching standards and curriculum, and all relevant organisations to partner on Apple’s education initiatives. Contribute through the local team on market feedback, messaging, and materials that communicate the capabilities and value of Apple products and platforms for publishers, web developers, app developers, and other education institutions or partners. Represent Apple in senior level engagements with all relevant education partners. Be a strong partner with cross-functional groups at Apple, including Education Sales, iTunes, Developer Relations, Corporate Communications, Product Marketing, and Marketing Communications.
Education & Experience
A tertiary degree in education, marketing, business or a related discipline is highly desirable.
- Some international and domestic travel required