Books Business Lead
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music or iTunes and Apple Books. Apple’s employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it. We are looking for a dynamic, talented and highly motivated manager to lead the Apple Books business in Australia and New Zealand, reporting to the Regional Director. The successful candidate will be passionate about books and bring with them extensive experience in the publishing industry and a deep understanding and perspective of the digital publishing landscape.
- The candidate for this role will possess a strong business background, with the capacity to understand Appleʼs overall priorities.
- This position requires a self-directed, adaptable individual with strong communication skills, who is able to work under pressure and has the ability to lead teams through ambiguity, along with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior level managers.
- A natural aptitude for translating data into insights and trends and the ability to influence new strategies based on these insights.
- A consistent track record, including a management position at a book retailer, publisher, author management office or media outlet.
- Deep experience of the books business in ANZ including expansive knowledge of the local market, the digital books space, and eBook and Audiobook services.
- You should be an extraordinary networker who builds strong ties to business partners and stakeholders across multiple countries. Has a hands-on approach to executing projects from start to finish.
- You possess a unique combination of an excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture.
- You should have a deep passionate about digital technology, fully familiar with near-future trends and web technologies.
You will define the strategy and lead the Books & Audiobooks business in Australia & New Zealand in close coordination with Apple’s HQ. Lead a local iBooks editor. Define clear and tangible priorities for the business and implement and monitor them. Lead and expand business relationships with existing partners & target / acquire and onboard new partners in the books space.
Education & Experience
University degree. MBA or Post-Graduate is a plus.