Cross-Functional Content Production Manager, ANZ Marcom
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Apple is a detail-obsessed company that always puts customer experience first. It shows in the products we make, and also in the work we create to help people understand and get the most out of those products. We're not engineers here in Apple Marcom, but we share the same goal of making everything we touch beautiful and elegantly simple. We, in Apple ANZ Marcom team are looking for a Content Production Manager to join our group in Sydney. Our Content Production Manager is the brain behind our approach to and prioritisation of screen image localisation and they drive the creation and approval of the production-ready assets. They work closely with our Project Management team and the copy localisation network, then with the vendor based retouching team, to create all required localised screens featured within our website or other marketing materials. As a CPM, you will be expected to form strong partnerships with the WW Content team to escalate issues on local UI or new briefs. And to build a good relationship with Business Affairs, locally and in WW, to liaise on third party imagery or clearances and to ensure that our content is culturally viable. You will also liaise with Producers on the print, video and interactive teams to evaluate imagery needs, to input on the selection of imagery and to manage the creation and delivery of the files. At times, you will support creative staff with sourcing approved photography or delivering simple imagery for creative concepting or production. You will achieve this either by collaborating with your Content colleagues in Worldwide or with your local vendors to generate imagery, as appropriate. You will work as part of the ANZ Production Team and will manage relationships and workflow with our outside agency partner.
- Experience in managing graphic production/photo producing and/or project management at design firm, ad agency or interactive shop.
- Flexible, creative, solution-oriented individual with some experience in using Adobe Creative Suite’s Photoshop (not essential).
- Basic knowledge of image and production specific needs for image reproduction; including website builds, POS, Video, Motion Graphics and email marketing.
- Must be able to travel to the US frequently, for extended periods (up to 4 weeks per visit).
- Excellent English communications skills - written and oral.
- Proven project management skills.
- A hands-on, can-do approach to solving problems.
- Confidence and experience to facilitate high level discussions to resolve issues around content.
- Insane attention to, and retention of, detail.
- The ability to learn new processes and technology quickly, to work well with others and to prioritise and work quickly and efficiently within very tight time frames. We work very collaboratively here.
- A good sense of humour with a desire to do the right thing for the work.
Coordinate alternative imagery for first and third party across local country websites including changes for legal requirements Work with Business Affairs and Cross functional Producers to establish content requirements, localisation strategy and timings for each project Create the brief for any required screen copy and deliver to local language teams through Project Management Request file building from vendor Screen Teams to required specifications of the Functions (print, interactive or video) Co-ordinate creative validation with Apple’s Project Management team and Geo Creative Directors Fulfil image requests from various Apple functional teams both inside and outside of Marcom, e.g. PR Work with WW Content Production Managers in the US for transferring of assets and information Approval of final deliverables from Vendor screen team and hand off to Functional Producers File required final deliverables with Third Party Acquisition Share information and learnings within the global Content Team on a regular basis Quality control of built assets and maintenance of live deliverables Develop an in-depth knowledge of all of our products, features and their availability across our markets Manage the flow and prioritisation of work into the vendor partner and escalate to resolve issues with Functional and XF Producers Work cross-Functionally to supply and advise on image usages Source and/or commission simple photography and retouching to support creative origination requests Manage retouching needs for local lifestyle imagery through retouching vendor Work with creative teams to mock up content for presentations and approvals through creative development
Education & Experience