Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Internship
Western Australia, Australia
Are you ready to apply your educational experience to real-world problems? Are you passionate about applying your data skills in a real-world tech environment? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s IS&T team has positions for enthusiastic, self-motivated interns who are ready to be a part of a fast-paced and innovative work environment. We collaborate closely with our business partners to deliver world-class solutions powering the most innovative company. IS&T infrastructure is used by hundreds of millions of customers every year in Retail stores, the Online Store, and AppleCare call centers; supply chain systems orchestrate standard-setting logistics operations; and the largest single-instance of SAP enables rapid decision-making across a vast global business. IS&T provides the technology to ensure that the company runs on Apple time. We are looking for talents to join our team of engineers who can do both front-end and back-end development, create frameworks, and develop iOS mobile and web apps to make Apple operate more efficiently.
- Programming knowledge in Golang, Python, and/or Node.js
- Experience with data science tools such as Python scipy/numpy/pandas
- Experience or interest in data processing pipelines and machine learning algorithms/tools
- Have a learning mindset and the agility to pick up any of the above-mentioned skills as necessary
- Multitask effectively, and comfortable operating with both technology and business environment
- Proven leadership competencies, ability to think big picture and be detailed orientated
- Good interpersonal skills to engage and influence across interdependent cross-functional teams
As an intern with our IS&T team, you can look forward to a myriad of challenges in the form of assignments, ranging from special projects for new business initiatives to operations in a rapidly growing, dynamic setting. You can benefit from a combination of training and project-oriented, on-the-job work experience such as Software Development, DevOps, Machine Learning, Project Management and Big Data / Business Intelligence. At the end of your internship, you are eligible to apply to full-time positions into Apple’s world-class IT Development Program (ITDP). The ITDP is a two-year rotational training program for undergraduates looking to propel their career and immerse themselves in Technology related roles.
Education & Experience
We welcome students who are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Information System, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security Engineering or any closely related fields. You will return to school after the internship period.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.