Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s software platforms provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes and Books. Apple’s employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it. Apple Books is the most advanced way to enjoy books; wherever you are, your next incredible read or listen is just one tap away. Curated by editors, Apple Books covers every genre from classics to the latest bestsellers, as well as the best audiobooks. We are looking for someone who is passionate about books and digital publishing to join the Australia team. You will be adept at picking new titles and authors to champion, and curating collections and price promotions to tie in with cultural or literary moments. You'll be passionate about books and literacy, and read widely. This job is all about discovering the next bestseller our customers will love. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- We are seeking passionate individuals with extensive market and product knowledge of Books and publishing in Australia.
- Relevant years of experience and knowledge in book editorial, retail, marketing, publishing, and/or any other related field(s) is a requirement.
- Expert understanding of the digital publishing landscape.
- Extensive book and audiobooks knowledge, in as many genres as possible.
- Positive, dedicated and confident with technology.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, driven.
- Proven ability to develop and exercise cross-functional initiatives with strong social communication skills.
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about the Apple brand and committed in preserving its authenticity.
You will be tasked with choosing from a vast array of books that best express the voice, perspective and business of Apple Books. This includes creating editorial collections that will engage Apple Books customers, deciding which books to feature each week and curate these features into the content management system. You would have a deep immersion in and a real passion for books. You would also work to create opportunities to increase content discovery in Apple Books based on your expertise and understanding of book readers and book-buying behaviour. Your ability to identify which titles would be most appropriate for featuring on Apple Books is essential. Important to this position is for you to work with cross-functional teams in Australia as well as the global Apple Books team to share ideas and planning around key priorities. This position will be measured by your ability to establish a credible editorial voice for Apple Books in Australia & New Zealand and present content offerings that generate extraordinary customer experiences. As Editor you will be used to working in a dynamic environment, have excellent attention to detail, be flexible in your approach and be able to juggle multiple deadlines at a time.