Operations Manager ANZ Marcom
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
The Operations Manager position holds overall responsibility for the business operations of ANZ Marketing Communications (Marcom) group. This includes adapting WW processes, establishing regional workflows, processes and procedures, as well as synchronising information flow between Worldwide (WW) and the Australia/New Zealand (ANZ) Marcom community. You will be responsible for handling all operations and core production functions, including fiscal year and quarterly planning efforts designed to align resources and funding to strategic priorities. You will directly oversee a team responsible for content production, project management and print production, while also assisting with overall personnel management including the performance review process and recruiting/staffing. You will also be responsible for managing the supplier and agency relationships for ANZ Marcom, including management and coordination of performance reviews.
- Relevant years of experience in managing the operations for a creative agency or in-house creative department.
- A demonstrated track record of handling an operation that includes the following functions: Project management, production, agency management, and resource planning with hands-on experience making the work.
- Experience working in a global/international capacity.
- Some travel will be required (minimum 1 week per quarter, up to 4 weeks per quarter).
- Passionate about creating structure and processes that support the development of amazing work in a creative environment.
- Forward thinking with the ability to champion innovation and creativity, while also maintaining a clear sense of business objectives.
- Extraordinary communication and relationship skills, including the ability to collaborate cross-functionally both up and down within the organisation.
- Effective at driving and managing change.
- Ability to keep large teams focused on common goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Efficient and productive with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to continuously reprioritise and adapt to change.
- Driven leader who approaches things with a sense of urgency.
- Able to handle ambiguity with grace.
LOCALISATION - Design localisation processes that enhance the transcreation of marketing communications programs into the local language and culture. - Work with WW Global Communications and local creative resources to ensure localisation efforts produce locally relevant work that maintains the consistency and integrity of the brand. - Receive timing and scope from WW for all efforts and identify required ANZ resources and budget. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT - With the ANZ Marcom Lead, identify key strategic priorities and ensure that resources and funding are aligned against the priorities. - Develop and implement sound processes to ensure budgets are accurately handled. - Guide all functional leads and groups within the ANZ Marcom group in fiscal year and quarterly planning, as well as leading the day-to-day budget management processes. RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - Oversee resource planning and recruiting of new talent including employees, contractors, and other outside creative resources. - Handle employee on-boarding and training programs. - Identify and lead all outside agency resources, ensuring performance is up to Apple standards through supplier performance reviews. - Maintain a high-quality vendor network for all Geo origination and localisation roles in coordination with Procurement. - Develop ideal structure and resource plan that balances innovation, efficiency, and quality. SECURITY - Ensure ANZ Marcom facilities and infrastructure meet security compliance according to global requirements. INFRASTRUCTURE AND IT - Provide business requirements for global toolset of Marcom systems; participate in testing and training as required. - Execute global strategies for infrastructure technologies (i.e. software upgrades, storage solutions, disaster recovery) according to WW direction. FACILITIES - Working with the local Facilities department, ensure the Marcom facility is maintained to a high standard, as well as coordinate any new real estate programming that may be required. INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS AND EVENTS - Play an active role in the planning and organisation of internal Marcom events including external guest speaker series, leadership team offsite meetings, and quarterly team outings.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education