Advertising Manager - Marcom ANZ (12 months contract)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
The role of the Marketing Communications group (Marcom) at Apple is to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications in support of Apple’s business goals. As we grow our business in ANZ, we are seeking an amazing advertising professional to provide strategic, communications, and executional leadership across our product launch and sustaining advertising communications. As Marcom's Advertising Manager, you will be responsible for the creative development, production, deployment and evaluation of our advertising campaigns. You will brief our creative and media agencies, and handle the localisation and amplification of campaigns. Other responsibilities include obtaining creative approvals, the ongoing monitoring and optimisation of campaigns and budget management. This position requires a self-motivated, flexible individual with very strong communication skills. You should be a strong strategic thinker, capable of seeing the bigger picture and orchestrating projects to that end. This role requires you to constantly challenge the status quo and seek new and better ways of communicating both internally and externally.
- Relevant years of advertising experience in either a creative agency, media agency, or client side in handling ad campaigns for global brands.
- Strong media knowledge in digital, broadcast, outdoor and print.
- A proven understanding of the role and opportunity of digital, social media, and new media in Australia and New Zealand.
- Exceptional leadership qualities and project management skills and can lead project management discussions.
- Ability to learn new processes and technology quickly, to collaborate with ease and to prioritise and work quickly and efficiently within very tight time frames
- Ability to establish trust, credibility, and influence across multiple partners in a highly matrixed organization.
- Resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy, a positive attitude, and the ability to contribute in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and results oriented.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Lead the implementation of all advertising creative, working with our creative and media agency’s account teams and Apple internal teams (Product Marketing, Corporate Communications, Legal and Business Affairs). Ensure that work created by the Worldwide Advertising team can be effectively localised; monitor issues such as cultural relevance and market priorities, legal constraints. Run all media plans and evaluate the effectiveness of media recommendations based on regional media understanding. Gather and provide strategic market insights to the Worldwide Advertising team that ultimately help drive more relevant and impactful communications. Present opportunities of how advertising campaigns can be amplified based on market priorities, country related cultural and media opportunities. Evaluate and approve production estimates, handle finance workflow and regularly challenge the agency on cost leverage. Follow industry trends and competitor activity.