Retail Solution Engineer
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
This position, reporting to the Business Sales Manager within the GEO, will provide technical expertise and drive Retail business sales.
- Normally requires BS degree in scientific or engineering discipline plus a minimum of 3 years experience or MS degree plus 2 years technical experience, or equivalent
- Strong presentation skills and a sales orientation are essential, as well as a professional demeanor, and ability to communicate with executive level customers
- Strong familiarity with Apple products and MAC OS and iOS is essential and experience with UNIX, Directory Services, Networking, and Servers is desirable
- English language skills preferred
Creates and delivers persuasive technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, and proposals that clearly communicate Apple's product and technology direction and competitive advantages to Small and Medium Business customers of Apple Retail. Provides systems architecting and technical consulting for the integration and implementation of Apple products and existing technologies in customer environments. Positions mobile commerce as a strategic part of the total Apple solution within their organization. Clearly demonstrates and presents a compelling proposition indicating Apple products are more technologically advanced and cost effective than competitors’ products. Teams with Apple Retail Business team members, Account Managers and Business Pro’s, in pursuing sales opportunities in the Core and Growth Business segments for Apple Retail aligning to Apple-wide industry vertical focuses. Participates with Apple Retail Business team members in customer calls and video conferences that require technical knowledge to deal with Apple product capabilities and compatibility issues. Where possible, participates in store customer briefings, with little to no travel to customer sites. Responsible for defining and implementing appropriate technical sales tactics in assigned accounts. Identifies knowledge gaps and provides recommendations for creating a training roadmap. Applies continual learning practices to stay abreast of latest Apple and SMB solutions and trends.
Education & Experience
- Possesses excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic sales savvy, and strong technical knowledge.
- Provides technical expertise in integrated Apple, third party, and custom solutions.