Business Affairs Manager
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of a Geo Business Affairs Manager in Marcom is to lead the Business Affairs function in the region, driving the planning, licensing and execution of rights-managed content in Apple marketing. In this role, you will be working across functions, encouraging and maintaining excellent internal and external relationships, and securing regionally relevant content for deeper customer resonance and engagement.
- You have 10 years of relevant experience in the advertising, entertainment, or other content-focused industry and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are proficient in both oral and written English and are able to effectively communicate with teams at Marcom in Cupertino.
- You have a working knowledge of IP rights including copyright, trademark, and licensing in the area of entertainment or advertising law with emphasis on digital content/ technology.
- You have expertise in identifying potential legal issues in foreign markets.
- Your deep expertise in collaborating with, and building real, positive relationships across Marcom creative and business functions, and other Apple business units is essential for your success.
- Proven skills in core areas: reviewing and drafting licensing agreements, strong negotiation skills, partnership management, creative problem-solving.
- You possess high emotional intelligence, flexibility, and collaborative approach.
- You are able to travel to US company headquarters, or other regions, 2-4 times a year (average 2-3 weeks per visit).
Representing Marcom’s Business Affairs team in your region, leading the function with a high degree of ownership, integrity, and accountability. Coordinating and planning appropriate, locale-specific content to replace Worldwide Marcom content that is not available or suitable for use. You will make informed content recommendations in response to project briefs requiring local content, and work with local vendor content production, creative and brand teams, and PR to obtain creative approval of suggestions. Maintaining excellent relationships with partners and communicating with internal teams to understand context of content in deliverables in order to negotiate appropriate usage rights. You will coordinate with local and US-based Content Production and Producers to support internal rights management systems and ensure that assets are accurately tracked and shared across creative disciplines. You will need to react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction and strategically pivot when necessary.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required. JD or MBA a plus.