Senior Security Incident Response Engineer - SIRT
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. JOB SUMMARY Apple is seeking an extraordinary senior security incident response engineer to join an elite security incident response team. The role is a highly technical, hands-on role in a dynamic environment. You will need to have a good mixture of deep technical know-how in both cyber-security and software development process.
- 5-10 years of experience in Information Security with a focus on Incident Response, Security Engineering, and/or Intrusion Detection
- You have a solid understanding of incident response, threat modeling, and common attack vectors
- Strong collaboration skills and an ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Experience communicating complex security issues to senior leadership
- Outstanding analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience leading root cause analysis
- Solid knowledge of computer networks and common protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP, and etc.
- Must have experience with analysis of network traffic and endpoint artifacts
- Demonstrated ability to analyze endpoint, network, and application logs
- Expert level knowledge of Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems
This is a hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. In this senior role you lead response to security threats facing the company and will help further develop the incident response program responsible for protecting Apple. An ideal candidate is highly motivated and embraces the opportunity to influence and evangelize security across the organization. PREFERRED Experience with disk and memory forensic tools Experience writing and tuning IDS signatures Experience with enterprise log collection and analysis platforms Experience triaging malware
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, equivalent degree, or relevant work experience