Visual Designer, Apple Books Content Design
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
People at Apple don’t just design products — they design the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple Books Content Design is looking for an outstanding Visual Designer. This is a role for the designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well with others. The Media Products Content Design team conceptualises, designs and creates the content experiences for some of Apple’s most visible products. Your ideas can impact the way people consume media products, what they look and feel like and how they’re used by millions of people across the globe.
- Experience creating and leading the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.).
- Passion for a wide variety of editorial, digital and magazine design.
- Proficiency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration.
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centred.
- Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner.
- Delivers highly-resolved works at the intersection of culture and design.
- Clear and concise communication, organisation skills and ability to work across time zones.
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suites.
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation.
- Strong sensibility for photography and illustration; sourcing, art-buying, editing, re-touching.
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
This is a creative position dedicated to shaping story lines while maintaining a deep understanding of digital content curation. You're responsible for researching, crafting and executing conceptual designs for curated content on the Apple Books platform, based on creative briefs and partnerships with the editorial and business teams. You will be encouraged to move fluidly between creating outstanding visual solutions yourself, and art-directing external vendors such as illustrators and photographers. OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE: Has extensive, relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery. Is a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively. Has experience in developing and executing an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences. Demonstrates clear and concise communication, organisation skills and ability to work across time zones. Has a deep interest in Books and Audiobooks. Is passionate about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Information, Communication, Web design or equivalent experience.
- Your portfolio demonstrates:
- - A comprehensive command of visual and communication design principles.
- - Strength in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions.
- - Creative innovation while remaining strategically grounded
- - Stylistic breadth and meticulous attention to detail.