Finance Analyst - iPhone Demand Forecast and Analytics (12 months contract)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! Partnering with Sales & Operations teams to drive hardware performance in Apple’s Reseller channel across Australia & New Zealand. Analysing consumer trends and market dynamics, the role is responsible for developing forward demand forecasts for exisiting categories and new product launches.
- Clarity of thinking. See beyond daily demands to emerging trends and market opportunities.
- Inquisitive in pursuit of excellence. Continually ask why, and not accepting things at face value.
- Business Partnering. Effective relationships & communication to build trust in a sales environment.
- Challenge & perspective. Understanding others, whilst retaining the ability to challenge effectively.
- Flexibility of approach. Recognition that the best solution isn’t always the easiest or most direct.
- Passion for owning the detail whilst getting the big ideas right.
Manage the iPhone indirect channel unit sales and inventory forecasts in Australia and New Zealand, building a detailed understanding of local routes to market, sales strategies and competitor activity in order to determine customer demand. The role works closely with local sales and operations teams to unlock commercial opportunities, execute new product introductions, and mitigate emerging risks. As a trusted business partner your input will be vital to optimising outcomes for the company. The role is highly visible and provides excellent exposure to local and global sales and finance leadership. This visibility provides the opportunity to develop a global network of relationships and build a deep understanding of Apple’s business. The role requires a hands on approach to anticipate and react to frequently changing business conditions. An ability to demonstrate sound judgement and a pragmatic approach whilst dealing with ambiguity is essential, as is a desire to be part of a successful, dynamic team.
Education & Experience
Finance or Business related degree. MBA valuable but not essential.