Business Development Executive - Education
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products—they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organisation generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team is, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Apple Education is here to empower teachers to be the best they can be and to help students thrive through the use of Apple technology. Sales teams collaborate with educational leaders to understand their priorities and develop plans that expand adoption of the Apple products and unleash the creative potential in every student.
- Customer and partner needs can often be unique—but, you’re quick on your feet and connect and influence the right people both inside and outside of Apple. As a go to person with leadership, you are trusted and comfortable in tough situations. You can settle disputes, negotiations and own the hard calls with minimal noise. You step up to conflicts and see them as opportunities to shine.
- You understand there are many moving parts in an organisation. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is needed for success. Understanding how business financials work, and strategies for sustaining profitable growth, are key to staying ahead of the competition. You analyze the market and think beyond the short-term.
- You know yourself—you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities—but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organisation When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
Grow the business with partners who resell Apple products, driving towards a sales target. Build deep relationships, negotiate the programs, and develop capabilities to achieve a great customer experience across all partner channels with results that benefit Apple and our channel partners. Demonstrate a deep understanding of education market trends and the Australian channel. Develop comprehensive strategic plans that both align with our partners’ strategies and grow Apple's footprint within your territory. Build and maintain high quality relationships with top tier leaders at government and systemic level within the education landscape Work with internal and external partners to develop new and innovative growth opportunities, drive relevant market activities, and ultimately ensure sales through our partners. Monitor key performance indicators that support growth and enable forecasts on the overall health of territory plans to deliver results. Develop lighthouse accounts to be used as references across the region.
Education & Experience
Experience in consultative/indirect selling and developing growth strategies with partners. In your experience, you’ve balanced delivering on short-term goals, while creating sustainable value for customers and partners, and demand for the future. 8-12 years of experience in a consulting firm, strategy or leadership role in a sales organisation and/or education system. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education. Education experience desirable but not required
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.