Embedded Firmware Engineer
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. We believe the future is Wireless. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. The Wireless Power Technology team develops bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods and more. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented & smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. Join us! We are looking for a forward-thinking, self-confident, experienced firmware engineer. Pioneer best-in-class Wireless charging, for a new Wireless world.
- 5 years minimum proven experience in the field of embedded engineering
- Strong skills in C/C++ and scripting languages, such as Python.
- Deep understanding of data structures, object-oriented design, and system architecture in an embedded environment
- Fundamental knowledge of microprocessors and RTOS concepts
- Solid understanding of AGILE design methodologies
- Experience with versioning and automation tools, such as git or Unit testing
- Proven a strong ability to effectively manage your time and prioritise work accordingly
- Effective written and oral communication skills, particularly with technical content.
A technical leader in a team developing firmware for ARM Core processors and other customer ASICs. You will be directly responsible for delivering features within a project, including planning, documenting and implementation. You will interact with team members locally and remotely where you will use your strong communication skills. This will require you to effectively communicate progress reports and issues on your work to cross-functional teams and management. We work with a global team across a range of technologies and products that will require you to quickly familiarise and be effective with a range of firmware development tools, processes and procedures. You will be responsible for the development of new tools and general documentation to leverage your knowledge across the global firmware development team.
Education & Experience
Tertiary qualification(s) in electrical engineering or computer science.
- - Self-motivated, willing and able to operate with little direct guidance or supervision, work effectively with incomplete or vaguely defined requirements
- - A dedication to following our Company procedures and doing business in a manner consistent with our values
- - Travel to China and the USA 3 to 4 times per year, 1-2 weeks at a time.