Collaboration and Productivity Engineering Specialist
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Software and Services
Working with amazing people and awesome products not only makes your work meaningful, it drives you to make our world a better place. Within the Apple’s Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) team, we thrive to use technologies to deliver the best user experience for our customers. Apple's IS&T team is seeking a Collaboration and Productivity (C&P) engineering Specialist to be based in Sydney delivering on - C&P development and integration projects, supporting the engineering needs of C&P services and engage in user-centric research and assessment of users' needs. The role will entail core development, deployment and research work.
- Demonstrated ability in IT support, computing or engineering role
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Self starter, ability to make quality technical decisions
- Maintains composure under pressure
- 24 x 7 on-call position to support regional coverage
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Business level English
- Design, develop and maintains programs. Debugs and modifies software improvements, integration projects and/or new tools in the C&P services space. - Requires application of the Agile development methodologies.-Leverage experience in programming languages and technologies to write code, complete programming, perform end to end testing and debugging of applications. Requires development experience in PHP, Java, AJAX, Angular and SQL, Swift, Kubernetes. - Design, deploy and manage mobile apps and desktop end-user applications that improve user productivity and process efficiency. - Interact with internal users to define new C&P use cases, gather business requirements and refine and optimise existing C&P solutions. Collaborate with the WW C&P engineering teams to implement and drive new functionalities on C&P platforms. - Complete project documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Requires experience in code versioning systems like Git or SVN is important. - Support and manage new office technical deployments and technology refresh plans Corporate Backup, Secure Print and Checkin. - Evaluate and assess new C&P services and technologies for continuous improvement, including technical assessments, proactive testing and engagement with third party vendors. - Support the technical readiness activities for production rollout of major macOS, iOS and C&P services.-Knowledge and experience in macOS, iOS, LDAP, Unix, shell scripts and web server, technologies is vital. JOB SUMMARY This is a core engineering role, collaborating with global counterparts and also internal users to develop, deploy and support C&P systems and platforms. 1. Deliver on C&P development and integration projects. Leverage internal and third party platforms to improve users’ productivity. 2. Handle the growing engineering needs to support the 20+ services managed within C&P, focusing on both APAC and the global needs. (Management APIs, self-service tooling, backend integration, Cloud compliance, security compliance, etc). 3. Support the C&P Services/Projects impacting users during APAC hours. 4. Assist with global new product research and service integration, and engage in user-centric research and assessment of users' needs. 5. Contribute to projects to help increase IS&T training adoption. 6. Demonstrate Agile and design thinking frameworks to develop and refine projects and services
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.