Cloud Optimization Specialist
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day to day basis? If so, Apple's Global Business Intelligence(GBI) team is seeking Cloud Optimization Specialist to drive IT transformation and public cloud adoption. The ideal team member will be able to think outside of the box and have passion to use the full economic potential of cloud platforms through cloud native solutions. You will engage directly with key team members to drive and implement best practices for cloud adoption and cost savings. You will enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are inspired to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
- Strong expertise on one or more cloud providers (AWS, GCP, AliCloud etc)
- Proficient in cloud billing systems, cost optimization and reporting at scale
- Hands-on experience in any programming language to automate reporting for cloud usage and billing
- Demonstrated knowledge on analyzing and applying recommendations from tools like AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Strong expertise in using cloud platform APIs for gathering resource metadata, utilization, dependencies etc
- Experience in reviewing application architecture in the context of cost optimization techniques
- Customer engagement on identifying cost saving opportunities and implementing recommendations
- Demonstrated understanding of various compute platforms like EC2, Lambda, EKS, ECS etc
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks such as Terraform, Pulumi etc.
- Exposure to datalake/lakehouse products like Dremio is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking with solid ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time
We're looking for an individual who loves to take challenges, drives cost efficient solutions, works well in collaborative environment, and develops standards for cloud migration. We seek a self-starter and forward-thinking engineer who can work independently and perform multiple tasks with minimal direction. Design and develop reporting frameworks to identify, track and implement cost saving recommendations. Practice and assist in adopting cloud native solutions like auto scaling groups, containers etc. Collaborate with multiple multi-functional teams and work on solutions which have larger impact on Apple business. Lead/work with many global teams and communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional groups. Keep up-to-date on the latest changes and services from cloud providers and research opportunities for cost savings.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with 6+ years of experience on cloud platforms