Apple Pay - Compliance Engineering and Security Certifications
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Apple is seeking an outstanding person to support compliance and security certification efforts for Apple Pay across multiple Apple devices! You will contribute to a range of technical compliance programs across the Wallet, Payments and Commerce team. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires experience and expertise with delivering security certifications to support. We are looking for someone to drive the certification of new and existing products, working closely with teams across Apple including Security Engineering, Software Engineering, Platform and Infrastructure, Hardware Engineering and external certification bodies and evaluation labs.
- Deep knowledge of technical application and security architecture for mobile payments systems and smart cards including cryptographic protection of associated data.
- Hands on experience delivering the technical aspects of certification programs using Common Criteria or similar security certification schemes; demonstrating and describing the technology supporting security features and reviewing and modifying platform code to test them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to manage complex projects, working with multiple external and internal partners; working independently across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Apply your knowledge of payment systems’ implementation, transaction flows and security policies into certification work. • Collaborate with Apple Platform Security certification team on new and existing Apple payment solutions. • Work closely with certification, security, engineering and product teams across Apple to gather information, test requirements and resolve any identified issues. • Utilise your understanding and knowledge about the state of the art secure payment related protocols and cryptography allows you to ensure that technical details in certification reports and documents are accurately represented. • Translate your technical knowledge and hands on experience into demonstrations of security controls and user features to external labs. • Chances to work with compliance and privacy teams to expand on your knowledge of financial services regulation.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent, relevant hands-on security and compliance experience.
- Extra/Nice to have:
- • Knowledge of attack ratings and their application, based on the attack potential calculations defined by CEM (Common Methodology for Information Technology Security Evaluation).
- • Understanding of the wider FinTech industry, banking and associated regulatory requirements.
- • Understanding code, threat modelling and logging configs.
- • Understanding of Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) requirements as part of PSD2.
- • Experience in other security testing and assurance frameworks.
- • Industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most meaningful resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.