Database Engineer - Performance Tuning (Bangalore / Hyderabad)
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we are looking for a passionate Database Engineer to help manage large-scale data store environments. This team works on new architectures and scalability solutions to ever-growing business and data processing needs. If you love to solve internet-scale challenges, then this is the right job for you. This team provides database solutions to Maps, Siri, Music, iCloud, App Store, Hardware, and Software Engineering. Dynamic, inquisitive people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. We enable engineers to build great products. We are part of Apple’s Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) division, and are based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin (TX), Seattle, Bangalore and Hyderabad India - working as a single global team.
- 5-8 Years of experience as Database Administrator, Architect or Developer
- Design new Database Architectures for new Business Requirements
- Deep understanding of Oracle Performance debugging features/tools
- Expertise in SQL tuning using tracing, execution plans, wait events, advisors etc.
- Deep understanding of SQL Execution plan is a requirement
- Golden Gate based Active/Active Replication
- Detailed DB performance analysis using various tools OEM, AWR, ASH, OS monitoring tools
- Understanding of Physical and logical Schema designs to drive scalability and performance requirements
- Experience in system components including CPU, RAM, IO and SAN
- Solid understanding of various architectures for supporting Active-Active, HA, DR Solutions
- Basic understanding on NoSQL architectures, Advance understanding is a plus
- Understanding of MongoDB or Vertica is a plus
- OS Tuning using Kernel parameters
- Understanding of OS debugging tools Dtrace, strace, vmstat, top, netstat etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
We seek a passionate individual who loves large scale challenges and innovates on complex tasks, thinks outside the box to develop different technology solutions or architectures to meet the business requirement. This role requires the ability to work independently on a live production environment. Success in this role requires expertise in following areas. - Deep understanding of various oracle tuning areas (SGA, PGA, SQLs, IO, Latches, Lock) is a must. - Experience with replication technologies like Oracle Streams, Golden Gate and Oracle Data integrator - Understanding Data caching technologies based on Object, Unstructured or Structured using RDBMS - Understanding of Vertica and MongoDB is a plus - Programming in Python is a plus - Work with various guides in Network, System and Application to drive an issue to a closer. - Actively create and manage the Technology strategy by exploring, accessing and piloting new technologies and frameworks so that where applicable, processes and deliveries to meet business objectives are optimized. - Experienced level contribution in the development of Applications Architecture. gone through at least 2 large scale project implementation involving business critical, web customer facing applications. The position may require candidate to be available on-call on rotational basis. Required Technical Skills: RDBMS: Oracle NoSQL DB: MongoDB Columnar DB: Vertica OS: AIX, LINUX, Solaris Replication: Streams, Golden Gate Languages: Java, Python, PL/SQL, SQL and Shell Scripting Tools: OEM, AWR, ASH, SQL Advisors, Various Oracle tracing, OS Tools/Tracing
Education & Experience
BE/B-Tech or ME/M-Tech in Computer Science / related fields or equivalent work experience.