Sensor Process Engineer - Camera Hardware
Grenoble, Isere, France
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. As a key member of the Camera Sensing Devices team, you will be responsible for working with suppliers to bring up new sensing devices with good performance and yields. You will work with operations engineering on yield issues, as well as work with suppliers on process development to enable next generation sensing technologies.
- 5+ years of process integration experience
- Design and manufacturing experience in optoelectronic devices
- Hands-on experience with modern 300mm Silicon or III-V semiconductor process technology. Assembly process experience is a plus.
- Ability to use contemporary and industry standard process monitoring tools to statistically evaluate the performance of a manufacturing cell or module
- Ability to define simulations and work with physicists in realizing realistic simulations of new ideas
- Strong device physics, excellent analytical and problem analysis
- Ability to work closely with others in a very multi-functional team environment
- Demonstrated success with several designs fabricated in modern ground breaking foundries or captive fabs
- Experience developing sensor specifications and working with new sensor development
- Deep knowledge of industry standards
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Sensor Process Engineer owning the semiconductor processes (or the specs for the processes) you will: Collaborate with global sensor suppliers to evaluate their manufacturing capability and to create an Apple specific roadmap. Work with design teams to assure that the process roadmap will meet our needs. Work with suppliers on new product development, performance and yield improvement, reliability qualification, and fab qualification. Collaborate with the internal and external teams to implement new process technologies. Work with internal and external teams to assure that sufficient and correct testing is implemented at all stages to guarantee performance. Keep track of the process nodes and PDK’s used on all of our Sensors and maintain our Sensor process roadmap.
Education & Experience
MSc/PhD in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a similar field
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.