Vulnerability Researcher - Security Engineering & Architecture
Paris, Paris Region, France
Software and Services
Apple Security Engineering & Architecture believes the best defense is a good offense. When it comes to securing the world's most advanced operating systems, that means finding vulnerabilities first. We're looking for a skilled and inspired individual to join our crack group of security engineers to attack Apple's products before they ship, with the goal of better safeguarding our users’ long-term assets.
- Required Experience:
- Background in secure coding and code auditing.
- Reverse engineering using tools such as IDA Pro or Ghidra, developing plug-ins.
- Experience with developing proof of concepts for common vulnerabilities, bypassing anti-exploitation protections.
- Proficiency with assembly languages, ARM a big plus.
- Proficiency with the architecture and security design of modern operating systems.
- Familiarity with modern processor architecture.
- Strong understanding of the principles and use of cryptographic primitives and protocols.
- Programming background, in C, C++, Python and/or Objective-C.
- Ability to track and manage numerous parallel projects.
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience designing and architecting systems with security in mind.
- Familiarity with embedded and µ-architecture security.
- Knowledge of macOS and iOS security architectures.
- Exposure to kernel programming.
Joining an exceptional team focusing on securing low-level technologies such as the iOS and OS X kernel, boot ROMs, firmware and hardware. Working alongside a wide variety of teams and vendors, your influence will be felt throughout Apple's extraordinary products, such as the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV. Tasked with identifying threats in advance, as well as being directly involved in Apple's response to critical issues as they arise. From reverse engineering an exploit, providing insightful analysis and creating innovative tools, consulting with other teams on both hardware and software, auditing code and reviewing designs, the job is as diverse as it is critical. This position requires someone with strong technical strengths and a passionate desire to secure systems by showing how they can be broken. Your responsibilities will include: Helping to make Apple’s products the industry’s most secure. Assisting with evaluation of security critical code and hardware. Developing smart automated tools for vulnerability finding. Developing exploits on discovered vulnerabilities to challenge existing mitigation techniques. Providing security design consulting to other teams.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science / Computer Electronics (or equivalent experience)
- This position may require some travel to other Apple sites, vendors and security conferences. To work together, we all speak English and you'll need to be fluent too, but speaking French is not required for this role.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace