Carrier Technical Lead
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about cellular and wireless technology and want to make and profound impact on people’s lives? Come join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team and drive innovation that matters. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Carrier Technical Leads are the expert advisors for wireless engineering matters and responsible for technical support and engineering solutions with our carrier partners. Besides making the technical extension between carriers and our development and testing teams, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams to deliver successful products.
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience working with one or more wireless carriers to deliver new products and features, including supporting lab/field testing and using cellular log analysis tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting, managing delivery and enablement of cellular related features such as eSIM, IMS (WiFi Calling, VoLTE), CBRS, LTE, CDMA. Experience with 3GPP2 is a plus.
- Deep understanding of wireless market and landscape including wireless carriers and device certification requirements in the United States.
- Program and project management experience delivering complex technical projects.
- Ability to establish cross functional and multi level relationships both internal and external teams.
- Self driven, curious and open to propose new ideas and solutions.
You will be responsible for introduction and trial of new wireless technologies and network-impacting features in Apple products. • Certification process will involve reviewing carrier’s network design, architecture and requirements, and support successful launches of Hardware, Software and Features. • You will own the investigation of carrier issues and partner closely with carrier personnel and our wireless development teams to debug and problem solve. In addition, you will assist carriers with testing and work with them on the verification of fixes in new iOS software builds, prototype hardware, or network changes. • You will act as the first level interface for carrier technical requests to reduce overhead on the R&D teams. • Reporting project status's, prioritizing tasks and raising meaningful issues to cross functional teams and management.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Master Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science or relevant experience.
- • Strong technical knowledge of industry standards and tracing tools used for logs analysis and troubleshooting.
- • Experience or knowledge of 5G Stand Alone and VoNR networks
- • Intimate knowledge of standard development organizations and industry forums.
- • Familiarity with Wi-Fi/BT communications systems.
- • Previous interactions with cross functional teams such as Sales, Marketing and Legal is a plus.
- • Able to travel internationally.