AppleCare Procedures Content Strategy Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The AppleCare Training and Procedures Development (ACT&P) team is looking for an experienced manager to lead a team of Content Strategists that provide content strategy, and compelling procedural content, that supports AppleCare Advisors and business goals. In this role you will recommend, prioritize, and implement content strategy changes and help coordinate procedural efforts for the AppleCare Partner Relations (ACPR) line of business. This position will be located onsite in Austin, Sacramento, or Raleigh.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with a proven ability to take initiative, create a positive team environment, work as a team leader (member), and build collaborative relationships
- Strong knowledge of user experience, information design, and web design
- Experience with content-development processes, methods, and principles
- In depth knowledge of Apple products and services for third-party developers and media store content providers (i.e. musicians, authors, podcasters, TV/film producers)
- Ability to quickly grasp sophisticated technical concepts and make them easily understandable using text and imagery
- Use creative thinking and knowledge of industry best practices to recommend qualitative strategies to make procedural content more effective
- Ability to identify, define, and analyze sophisticated knowledge and content management issues as well as recommend and help implement solutions
- Experience crafting and managing content in one or more content management systems
- Experience with business process improvement and knowledge of business analytics tools
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team to prioritize, plan, and update content
- Strong visualization skills with the ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, build credibility with collaborators, work independently, and be proactive
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Able to travel domestically and internationally for three or more weeks throughout the year (as needed)
- Able to host and attend meetings within and outside hours of operations for a worldwide partner population
The manager will be in charge of team of experienced Content Strategists who produce high-quality content based on business needs. This team of individual contributors provides expert procedural knowledge and consultation for projects such as product launches, onboarding new business, analyzing new workflows, and transactions. They also lead projects related to content and preparing the contact center teams for new work or program/policy changes. In addition, you will use data analysis, end-user feedback, informational/technical/change-management skills to help the team develop, implement, and continually enhance AppleCare’s content and knowledge-management strategies and tools. Finally, you will collaborate with a strategic team of cross-functional partners to develop and sustain thoughtful knowledge-management, content-management, and communications strategies that meet identified business needs.
Education & Experience
6+ years experience in a content management, knowledge management, information design, and/or technical writing role 3+ years experience managing technical writers, and/or other personnel in a contact center environment Bachelor’s degree in communication, online analytics, or human- computer interaction and or equivalent work experience.