APAC Business Manager Specialty
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Support and Service
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! As a part of the worldwide AppleCare organisation, the Business Manager will be responsible for running a number of Specialty lines of business including, but not limited to Channel Service Support and Customer Relations. This role holds a key position with responsibility for aligning people and processes across multiple divisions, functions and organisations to ensure a flawless execution of customer-facing, partner facing and back-office activities. The CSS organisation is a central support group for AppleCare’s channel repair and business development operations. The CSS team globally collaborates daily with over 9,000 external partners and multiple internal AppleCare business groups to ensure a smooth repair experience for our Channel customers. The Customer Relations team provides front-line problem-solving support for complex end-user repair-related queries. They collaborate with internal teams to ensure any emerging issues are identified early to minimise negative Customer impact during the repair journey and maximise c=Customer satisfaction.
- Excel at confidently articulating a clear and credible strategic vision for scaling the business in line with Apple’s growth. Translate the vision and direction in a well-planned and organised manner.
- Measure performance against goals. Evaluate results and hold self and direct reports accountable. Maintain two-way dialogue with partners on work and results.
- Communicate performance and support KPIs to key internal business partners at all levels of the AppleCare organisation.
- Learn quickly when facing new problems; be a relentless and versatile learner who is open to change. Analyse both successes and failures for clues to improvement. Enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and driving innovation in the organisation.
- Relate well to a variety of people and communicate effectively at all levels, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key internal partners while gaining their trust and respect.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Acquire first-hand customer information and use it for improvements in products and services.
- Act with customers in mind.
- Make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under critical timelines and pressure.
- Drive consistency in team structures and identity.
Success is defined as proactively planning for AppleCare growth, while establishing a lean and efficient support infrastructure that enables success. The successful candidate will set the strategic direction in the following areas: 1. Channel Partner Support – support and optimize the frontline inbound B2B escalation team who assist 9000+ Authorised Service providers, Retail Stores and Contact Centres in solving repair related administrative issues. 2. Customer Relations Support- support and optimise the frontline inbound Consumer team who assist end consumers directly and Contact Centre advisors resolve complex repair-related queries. 3. Regional back office support of many thousands of support transactions (financial, inventory movement, order processing, etc,) across many internal systems. Responsibilities are centered on leading through a team of Regional senior managers based in Singapore and Shanghai. Build collaborative relationships regional peers in the United States, and Ireland to maintain regional consistency and drive the best practise standards around the world. Focus on key performance indicators to improve efficiency while reducing operational costs. Lead the business through metrics and identify where and how to focus team efforts to mitigate exceptions. Provide regular operational reporting on success indicators; develop and execute against action plans to address areas of concern, while comfortably briefing executive management on the status and health of the business. Develop scorecards based on solid metrics for key partners to ensure each organisation understands the critical cross functional interdependencies and educate key leaders within each organisation to minimise critical issues. Attract, develop and lead a team of Senior Managers who have regional and global responsibilities; understand the complexities of realising operational excellence when leading through both direct and indirect reports. Review headcount forecasts and plans to meet growth. Develop and implement action plans to address variances. Partner with Apple’s procurement organisation to identify, define, review and approve the scope of work for outsourced front office and back office work. Maintain overall responsibility for organisational planning, staffing, budgeting and managing expenses. Support the team in anticipating and adjusting for problems and roadblocks and establishing effective dialogue with key partners on work and results.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree plus 6-10 years or MA/MS/MBA plus 6-8 years experience, or equivalent.
- - 6-10 years of operations experience in running a very fast-paced world-wide service organisation, with in-depth knowledge of Supply-Chain operations
- - Proven success managing teams with global responsibility and programs with global impact. Proven track record to leading an experienced, high performing team across multiple regions
- - Solid mathematical and analytical skills is preferred
- - Able to understand the complexities and cultural nuances of doing business in Japan, Asia/ Pacific, EMEA, and the Americas
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.