Application Compliance Engineer, Apple Pay
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking an Application Compliance Engineer to focus on the design and delivery of audit controls and processes within the Wallet and Payment Engineering Team. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires expertise in regulatory and compliance within financial services and banking sectors, leading controls in sophisticated engineering environments. The successful candidate will drive the implementation and testing of appropriate controls and audit requirements with internal and external business units. This position requires experiences and proven understanding of a variety of modern audit, development, and operations tools in an enterprise environment. Are you strongly driven by learning new technologies? Your ownership of the audit process will have you working hand-in-hand with engineering, infrastructure, compliance, and privacy teams to ensure the accurate and ongoing compliance of applications!
- Understanding of the wider FinTech industry, mobile payments, global banking, Card network and associated regulatory requirements. Solid understanding of Payment entities (Domestic & international Card Network, Issuing bank, Acquiring bank, PSPs, Payment Gateways etc)
- Experience with compliance controls but not limited to PCI DSS, PCI PIN, PCI PTS, PCI 3DS, APN, SOC1 & SOC2, SOX, GDPR and other global laws and regulation requirements
- Engineer innovative processes, solutions and tooling for Compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of IT security risk frameworks and relevant compliance regulations.
- Track compliance gaps and ensure work to remediate gaps meets deadlines
- 6+ years experience in payments (Issuer/Acquirer/Card network/Payment Gateway etc).
- 4+ years experience in payments compliance projects
- Proven understanding of technical application flows and security architectures
- Familiarity with public/private/hybrid cloud concepts (GCP, AWS, Azure), IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Services (compute, storage, network, security, administration, automation, application services, databases) in either native cloud or hybrid-cloud environments
- Providing cloud strategy services that cover all security compliance fabrics
- Understanding of key infrastructure including micro-services architectures, Git, code repositories, Infrastructure-as-a-code, Kubernetes, CI/CD frameworks.
- Knowledge of key compliance practices around security assessments, penetration testing, vulnerability management and identity access management
- Knowledge on Payment device L1, L2, L3 certification, EMV, HSM, cryptography etc. Experience with compliance controls for COTS device (Commercial Off The Shelf) but not limited to PCI CPOC, PCI SPOC
Work with application engineering, infrastructure, and corporate compliance teams to design and implement accurate controls. Serve as an advisor to Engineering, Security, and Business process teams to assist them in supporting compliance efforts. Sample and test compliance controls to ensure efficiency. Identify and remediate control gaps and deficiencies. Work with external auditing teams and business assurance to perform full audits. Partner with external teams to gain acceptance of compliance projects. Foster a strong security and compliance culture throughout the team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and 6+ years experience - Hands-on technology operations in large enterprise environments - CISSP and CISA are not required but a plus
- Apple is committed to creating a diverse working environment for everyone and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran or immigrant status.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.