Administrative Assistant (Developer Tools)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Developer Tools team is looking for an organized, ambitious and motivated individual for its team in Vancouver, BC. • Manage cross-team calendar with heavy calendaring • Organize meetings via live, videoconference and conference calls • Organize domestic and international travel • Quickly develop an understanding of the teams operations, culture, policies and procedures • Organize, plan and execute internal events such as off-sites and team building events • Have consistent interaction with other admins within Developer Tools, as well as Executive Admins within Apple • Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information • Complete expense reports • Assist in ordering equipment • On-board new employees • Provide dedicated team support ranging from printer management, supplies, facilities, etc.
- 4+ years experience assisting an executive - demonstrated ability and experience in supporting executive level staff (daily schedules, travel, task management, facilities, teleconferencing, purchasing and day to day operations of their team)
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Consistent record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions.
- Experience in heavy calendar management while scheduling key meetings and events.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and strong sense of professionalism.
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate needs and changes, then react with the best interest of the business in mind.
- Direct experience handling sensitive and confidential information with integrity, discretion and upmost secrecy.
- Extraordinary work ethic while balancing the needs of the individuals and the business.
- Ability to influence others; handle conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues upward and when to apply common sense.
- Calm under pressure, sense of humour and good with people.
- Experience on-boarding new employees and training new team members.
- Experience planning, managing, and executing large scale events.
- Executive support (handling calendars, scheduling meetings, arranging travel and submitting expense reports).
- Manage all facility related requests, working cross functionally with the Facilities team and building representative.
- Serve as the “go to” individual for all org employees and contractors, as well as a resource for all new hires.
- Support on-site meetings and events, including room reservations and catering.
- Process and manage purchase orders and corporate card purchases.
- Experience event planning, including team building activities and off-sites.
- Efficient in Apple programs, especially Calendar, Keynote, Numbers, Pages along with additional knowledge of Excel
If you're a passionate Office Administrative Assistant interested in helping us pave the future of Developer Tools, looking to become part of a quickly growing group, and thrive in an accelerated, cutting-edge work environment, we’d like to talk to you. We're looking for someone to apply critical thinking, who's able to understand the business and see the “big picture” and excel working with complex and different personalities diplomatically. You'll contribute a fun and creative approach to team activities and morale.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience