Senior Software Engineer, AMP Infrastructure
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
As a senior member of the AMP Infrastructure team, you will: - Be designing, developing and deploying large scale services and platforms - Be a teammate, a leader, a student, and a mentor - Be eager to learn new technologies and solutions - Be curious about how systems work and how they fail, because they always do and have some cool war stories to tell from your past experience - Believe in automation and testing as a critical part of the software lifecycle and love measuring all things so we can make the right decisions
- 5 or more years hands on engineering experience
- Strong development skills in Java
- Experience crafting and building distributed systems with strong latency and SLA requirements.
- Knowledge of different data storage solution (RDBMS, Cassandra, Redis, Solr, etc.)
- Knowledge large scale data pipelines (Kafka, Storm, Samza)
Apple Media Products (AMP) has been leading the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. This includes the incredibly successful App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, and more. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and with excellent written and oral communication skills. You will be developing mission-critical infrastructure that will impact millions of users. The ability to be a good teammate and tackle problems with visionary solutions are keys to success in this position.
Education & Experience
B.Sc or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
- - Experience with Cassandra