Siri - iOS Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri UI team at Apple. The Siri iOS team is looking for exceptional UI engineers passionate about delighting customer’s experience, by producing cutting edge applications and technologies. We are a robust team looking for engineers excited about changing the future of speech technology.
- Exceptional development experience at the application level with Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa, or C++
- Knowledge of Apple’s development APIs (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Cocoa, CoreFoundation)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
You will primarily be responsible for implementing features for the Siri user experience. This is a broad-range task; we take every application that Siri interacts with and integrate them into the Siri experience. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You love building an elegant user experience for a distributed system at massive scale, pursuing impossible problems, and you have a passion for customer experience. You enjoy learning new technologies and creating life-changing applications. You will possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. Performance analysis and tuning will also be a significant responsibility in your job. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You'll ship code that runs on the devices you use every day and powers products that are important to the lives of millions of users.
Education & Experience
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- - Experience building widely adopted APIs
- - Software engineering in large-scale systems a plus
- - An appreciation how a platform design impacts end-user experience
- - Prior experience with iOS application programming is a plus
- - Experience using or working with NLP or machine learning technology
- - Exposure to source code generation