Xcode UI Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
The Xcode team provides the tools to develop software for Apple's iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Because tools are our products, we have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools that millions of developers will use everyday. We are looking for an engineer to help design, build, and maintain the next generation of developer tools.
- You have passion for developing beautiful user interfaces and seamless user experiences.
- Strong experience with development environments (Xcode, Visual Studio, IntelliJ, etc.).
- Experience with developer workflows (agile, pull requests, continuous integration, automated testing).
- Attention to detail combined with empathy for user needs.
- Established history of writing clean, maintainable code.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community.
We’re looking for a developer who will thrive as part of a dynamic team, working together to craft new workflow experiences that are insightful and intuitive to use. Drawing from your own past experience creating real-world apps, you bring a diverse perspective and a desire to help solve the problems you've encountered in your own development work. This role requires strong problem-solving abilities, a critical eye, and a relentless focus on end user experience. You will be responsible for taking UX and technical specifications, and using them to implement new features within Xcode. You will also be responsible for fixing product defects and improving code architecture. You will work with design and other engineering teams to help create and evaluate new product ideas and technical designs. Xcode features are used by millions, so every detail matters. Performance, security, accessibility requirements are a core part of any feature work.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- The following skills are strongly preferred, but not necessarily required:
- • Experience building user interfaces in Cocoa.
- • Swift development experience.
- • Objective-C development experience.