Sr. Brand Manager, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. In Apple’s Marcom Canada we are looking for a Senior Brand Manager to be responsible for the direction and oversight of integrated marketing campaigns as well as the strategic marketing efforts required to drive local market opportunities and challenges. You will work collaboratively across a variety of functions with colleagues from Interactive, Channel, Retail, Partner Communications, PR and Advertising teams. You will interact with key roles at WW and nurture key relationships locally with Marcom Functional Leads, Producers, Sales, iTunes and Finance organizations. Can you imagine the things you could accomplish? Can this be your dream job?
- You have 12 to 15 years experience working in marketing communications focusing on consumer products in a creative or design agency.
- You can partner closely with several business partners for strategic positioning and marketing plans integration.
- You are highly collaborative, establish trust, credibility, and influence across multiple partners in a highly matrix organization.
- You are resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy, a positive attitude, and the ability to contribute in a team environment.
- You have experience supporting, understanding, and improving the creative process while balancing the needs of a creatively driven organization with an analytical and disclosed approach to marketing.
- You are a‘solutions-first’ thinker who can find opportunities to bring to the Apple business in Canada.
- You are passionate about popular culture, trends, and new/emerging media and technology.
Brand responsibilities: - You will act as the ultimate subject matter expert for the products you lead: - Know the competitive landscape, market share data, key challenges, market trends as well as the social/PR sentiment around those products. - Work with the planning team in Cupertino to deliver local market feedback and insights, ultimately driving more meaningful, creative, impactful communications. - You will lead all Marcom work ensuring consistency in messaging across all functional deliverables and that overall timelines are met. - You will conduct workshops and oversee the Canadian team in attendance at Cupertino workshops. - Provide a single point of contact for launch from an overall process, communications and deliverables perspective, representing Canada’s needs with WW Marcom. - Provide briefings on new product launches to both Geo Marcom and Sales teams. Strategic Planning Responsibilities: You will: - Lead the development of the annual Marketing plan collaborating across all Marcom functions as well as Education, Enterprise, PR, Sales and Finance. - Develop insight-driven marketing briefs that will inspire the best possible work. - Collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales and Brand teams to identify and prioritize key marketing challenges and opportunities for Canada. - Provide the local and WW teams with regular Canadian-specific insights, competitive reviews and market snapshots that could impact briefs and subsequent creative work. - Work in collaboration with local agency to develop strategic initiatives for Canada, empowering them with the necessary business context required to develop sound and efficient strategies. This position is in Toronto. Travel requirements to California and internationally may include up to 15 consecutive days per quarter.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's degree is preferred.