Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
The Development Technologies group creates tools used by millions of engineers around the world to build software for Apple's iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Engineers in the Development Technologies group have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply their personal experience to enhance and augment the very tools they use every day. This role is specifically responsible for participating in the creation of a yet-to-be-announced product.
- Leader: opinionated, organized, independent, ability to influence, strong collaborator
- Responsible for Image pipeline + Application
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Docker, Helm, Prometheus, Grafana
- Release engineering (Change management, Release automation, Alarming and Monitoring, Rollback automation)
- 50% backend development and 50% DevOps
- Participate in move to micro services, consult with application development teams
- Drive adoption of CI/CD, deployment automation, and release engineering best practices
- Help diagnose production services and CI/CD failures and identify root cause.
- Use cutting-edge technologies to improve the current build and CI/CD infrastructure and pay back some existing technical debts.
- Improve infrastructure and tooling used for continuous integration, automated testing and diagnostics.
- Drive the efforts towards version upgrades, API compatibility, integration with other services.
- Work with infrastructure team to deploy new technologies/tools to production services.
- Work with operations team to monitor services health and implement processes, dashboards and tooling to support operational requirements.
- Drive improvements of tools used for collecting operational metrics, improve operational dashboards, and maintain operational runbooks.
The Cloud Services team is seeking a self-motivated release engineer to help us build the future of developer technologies at Apple. You’ll join a small but ambitious group of engineers responsible for building new features and services that will power a new Apple product. We are passionate about building industry-leading developer tools, and ideal candidates will have a strong passion for streamlining and automating developer workflows, a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, and an appetite to learn (and sweat) the details of our domain. In this role you will be working closely with other teams that produce Apple's developer tools. You will be collaborating with Apple's internal software organization to help make sure that this product meets their needs, as well as providing great new features to Apple's external developer community. You’ll join a small and focused team, but also work closely with the larger Development Technologies organization colocated with us. Here you’ll find that we: • Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans. • Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to close find your own space and focus. • Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. • Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance. • Offer excellent benefits. This role is on-site in Vancouver, Canada. Relocation assistance is available.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Please provide a link to your portfolio of work, if you have one.